Jessica Cejnar / Friday, May 7 @ 1:57 p.m.
Del Norte Public Health Releases New COVID-19 Testing Schedule
Del Norte County Public Health released a new COVID-19 testing schedule and are urging residents to take advantage of it.
This especially includes those who aren't fully vaccinated, participated in high-risk activities like large gatherings or who have traveled out of state, according to a Friday Public Health Branch news release.
There are 49 active coronavirus cases in Del Norte County with four new cases reported to the Public Health Branch on Thursday. One person is hospitalized, according to the Public Health Branch.
From the agency's news release:
Local health officials urge all community residents to get tested if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, and note that testing options have expanded to additional locations across the North Coast.
Testing is still a crucial component of containing positive cases before they have a chance to spread, so we can move past this pandemic. Del Norte County has convenient, and free testing options available to residents. Getting tested helps keep all of us safer, particularly those most vulnerable to severe disease.
Individuals who are not fully vaccinated should be tested if they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, have traveled out of State, or have participated in higher risk activities such as attending large gatherings. Testing is now available in even more areas of the County.
No-cost testing is available from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. five days a week through OptumServe.
Their schedule is as follows:
• Thursday, Friday, Saturday - Crescent City 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Beachfront Park at Kidstown 901 Front Street, Crescent City, CA 95531.
• Tuesday - Smith River 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Smith River Fire (Old Ray's Food Place) 301 N Fred Haight Drive Smith River, CA 95567.
• Wednesday - Klamath 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Holiday Inn Express 171 Klamath Blvd, Klamath, CA 95548.
Register online at https://lhi.care/covidtestingo or by calling (888) 634-1123
Testing is also available through the Northcoast Testing Partnership:
• Tuesday - Klamath 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm Margaret Keating School
300 Minot Creek Road Klamath, CA 95548.
• First and Third Thursday - Crescent City 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Elk Valley Rancheria Tribal Office 2332 Howland Hill Road Crescent City, CA 95531.
• Second and Fourth Thursday - Smith River 8:30a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Howonquet Hall Community Center 101 Indian Court Smith River, CA 95567.
• Thursday - Crescent City 3:30p.m. to 5:00 pm
Crescent Elk Middle School 994 G Street Crescent City, CA 95531.
To register, visit www.northcoasttestingpartnership.org or call (707) 951-6679.
You may register to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at Del Norte County Public Health Vaccine Clinics from 10 a.m. - noon Tuesday and Wednesday at the Del Norte County Fairgrounds, 421 U.S. 101 in Crescent City. For more information, visit https://myturn.as.me or call (707) 951-6679.
Some Safeway, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Walgreens and Wal Mart locations are offering COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
Learn who is eligible for vaccination, and see if there are appointments available at one of these locations by visiting the links below:
• Safeway: https://mhealthappointments.com/covidappt
• CVS Pharmacy: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
•Rite Aid: https://www.riteaid.com/covid-19
• Wal Mart: https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302
Please visit the Del Norte County Information Hub for the most recent COVID-19 news at https://www.covid19.dnco.org/.